Phone: 56 2 2 476 5680
The Wine Tourist Center of Vina Concha y Toro is the principal wine making attraction of Santiago and it’s located a privileged area of Maipo Valley for the production of world-quality wines. The center is located less than an hour from the city.
Founded by Don Melchor de Concha y Toro, once a Minister of Finance in Chile, and his wife, Emiliana Subercaseaux, the manor house was built in 1875. Don Melchor was one of the first to import French vines, making this a cutting edge winery since its foundation in 1883.
Concha y Toro is the largest producer of wines from Latin America and the wines are consistently good in every price range, from the most inexpensive table wines to some of Chile’s finest and priciest labels.
The old cellars and vineyards of Concha y Toro are part of Chile’s wine making tradition. Founded in 1883, it is now one of the most important wineries in the world.
Hours at Vina Concha y Toro
– Open Mondays to Sundays: 10:00am to 5:10pm.
– Wine Bar & Wine Shop open from 9:30am to 6:45pm
Highlights of Vina Concha y Toro Tour
– The French-inspired park and the exterior of the manor house of the company´s founder, Don Melchor de Concha y Toro
– A guided tour around the Pirque Viejo vineyard and the Variety Garden
– The famous cellar Casillero del Diablo, the famed cellar where Don Melchor kept is finest stock
– Tastings of fine wines paired with tapas at the Wine Bar
Please visit the Vina Concha y Toro website for the most up to date information.